Thursday, February 18, 2010

Book Review

The Morning Show Murders by Al Roker & Dick Lochte is the latest book I've read. Here's a quick overview of the book. Billy Blessing, a New York City celebrity chef who owns a restaurant and does a variety of segments on a morning show, becomes a suspect in a murder case after Rudy Gallagher, Blessing's executive producer on the show with whom he has clashed, dies after eating some poisoned food from Blessing's restaurant. Throw in an international secret that Gallagher was keeping along with a well-known assassin who just came into town, and before you know it, another murder strikes the morning show and Billy knows that someone is out to frame him.


The Morning Show Murders by Al Roker & Dick Lochte

If I had to rate this book, I would give it 3 stars out of 5. It was just so-so. I typically like a good mystery book because it keeps you hooked in with all the twists & turns and you're trying to figure out who did it. While this book definitely kept you guessing until the end, I had a hard time following some of the plot and characters. Most of the clues are there for you to figure out who did it, but they are not very obvious so after I read the book, I actually went back and re-read the parts based on how Billy figured it out. There was a bit of political aspect to the book as well with the international secret. I laughed at a few parts and enjoyed most of the characters, but all in all, I thought it was pretty slow-paced until the last third & didn't think it was more than an average mystery book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice review. i think i'd always be skeptical of an al roker novel though haha. i might pick it up for a light read (assuming i ever get the chance!)