Friday, March 12, 2010

Climbing, Chipotle, and a Confession

Last night Todd & I went indoor rock climbing again. We started in January and have been about 6 or 7 times and I almost made it to the top of a pretty tough climb last night. I tried several times but my arms & fingers were spent after about the 3rd attempt.

About halfway up

Stopping to get some chalk....my hands were getting sweaty

Since we climb until about 8:00 or 8:30pm, we usually just grab dinner out afterwards. We hadn't had Chipotle in months so we stopped to get that real quick before heading home to eat & watch a little TV.

Todd & his burrito along with our chips and guac

Also, I have a confession. I woke up yesterday and my left shin was hurting. This is NOT GOOD. It also hurt today. It feels very similar to what my right shin felt like last October, although not as bad, and that turned out to be a stress fracture. I'm going to not run for the next several weeks and cross train like crazy. I'm already planning on taking 2 spinning classes back to back tomorrow and then cross training some more to simulate the almost 2 hours & 45 minutes it would take me to run 20 mi. I have a little over 5 weeks till the marathon and I think if I'm smart about this, I will still be able to run the race. Hey, and maybe this is nothing and it will be fine in a week or so. I just know from my fair share of injuries, I need to stop before it gets worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i went rockclimbing once in high school and it was soooo hard! my abs were really sore the next day. that's pretty awesome that you and todd have been able to go so frequently (or at least 6 times this year is frequently to me haha!)

and OH NO to the shin!! sending good vibes your way that it's not a stress fracture. i'm getting paranoid about my shin being one soooo what did that feel like for you?