Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easy Spinach Lasagna

Lent is almost over so we won't have many more meatless Fridays but last night I made Todd & I spinach lasagna. Trust me, this is the easiest thing you could ever make! It literally took me maybe 5 minutes to put it all together.

Easy Spinach Lasagna
Easy Spinach Lasagna

Ingredients:

16 0z. container of cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 box frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained)
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. In a medium sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and spinach. Set aside.

2. Place 3 lasagna noodles in a greased 9 x 11 baking dish and cover with 1/3 spaghetti sauce, 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.

3. Layer 3 more noodles and repeat the same mixture 2 more times, ending with mozzarella cheese on top.

4. Tightly cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

5. Let stand for 15 min before cutting and serving.


We didn't really do much last night, just hung out and watched the OSU vs. Tennessee basketball game. I think I forgot to mention that when I bought my laptop & printer a couple weeks ago, Todd also ordered a mini laptop for half price. He brought it over last night so I could see it. It's so tiny!

Todd watching the game while playing around on his new mini laptop
Close up of Todd & his laptop

I just finished 3 hours on the elliptical. It surprisingly went by fast and I was able to catch up on the news & Sportscenter. I did a little over 24 elliptical mi in place of my 22 mi long run I was suppose to do. My legs are very tired now. I'm sure a nap will happen at some point today because Todd & I are going to the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game tonight.

No comments: