Friday, December 24, 2010

Early Christmas Presents

Even though Christmas isn't until tomorrow, Todd & I have already received some early Christmas presents. I babysit a couple boys about once a month and when I watched them the other weekend, they gave me a present. It was definitely unexpected & very nice of them (and their mom) to put this together for me. It was a cute Christmas bowl filled with candy, soap, lotion, socks, and a pad of paper. I especially loved the Ho Ho Ho wood block that is now sitting on my entertainment center.

Christmas present from the boys I babysit

Since my brother isn't coming home for Christmas this year, he had to ship our packages to us. Earlier in the week, Todd & I both got our first present from Jeff. Todd got the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Goonies along with way too many bags of Baby Ruth candy bars. If you've ever seen The Goonies, then you'll get the joke.

Todd loving his present

I opened my package and found Marathon, a book by Hal Higdon. I'm pretty excited to start reading this once I have some more free time. Typically, any book I'm reading about running is about actually training for races or true stories about runners. This book is different though because it's a fictional novel about a marathon.


A few days later, I came home from work and found one more package from Jeff awaiting Todd & I. You could imagine our excitement when we ripped it open and found onesies! Yes, Todd & I will be wearing these at his parent's house tomorrow morning.

I was a little jealous Todd had a hood & pockets on his onesie

Todd & I will be spending the day three hours northeast of Columbus at his parent's house in Leetonia, Ohio. We'll go to Christmas Eve mass with his family and then head back to his parent's house for a huge get together with about 30 people. Tomorrow morning, we'll hang out his parent's house before heading back to Columbus in the early afternoon to be with my parents. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Have a safe trip!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Have a safe trip! Have fun! Merry Christmas =)