Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finally!

I was pretty pumped yesterday when I found out I got my first "blogger award" from Sara at Words to Run By. She's a local runner who is truly inspirational as she's on a weight loss journey and training for her first marathon this year. She also recently became a Pace Coach for the MIT program (marathoner in training) in Columbus.


So how does this award work?

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people have been given this award recently so I'm not going to pass it on to any other bloggers. I can't remember who has received it and don't want to duplicate so you'll just get to find out 7 things about me instead.

1. My goal in life is to open a bar named "The Mullet Bar." You know, it'll be business in the front and party in the back. I'd like to have a restaurant in the front room and bar in the back room. The only thing I'm missing is the money to fund my amazing idea.

2. I got food poisoning in college from the salad bar...at least, that's what they think it was. I was in the hospital for a week because of an inflamed colon and the city health department had 4 other similar cases, all of whom were University of Dayton college students so they assumed we all had food poisoning. My stomach has never been the same since then.

3. I'm 27 years old and I'm still scared of my parent's basement. If I go over to their house and my mom wants me to get something from the basement, I will leave the door wide open and literally sprint down and back up as fast as I can. I have this weird idea that someone has broken into the house and is hanging out in the crawl space.

4. The only family I have in Ohio is my parents and my great aunt in Cleveland and it's been like that my entire life. My brother hasn't lived in Ohio for the past 12 years.

5. I have naturally curly hair although it didn't really become curly until high school. Most people who have curly hair want straight hair and vice versa but I actually love my curly hair and have never straightened it.

6. I wake up almost every work day between 4:30-4:45 AM to hit the gym before being at work at 7:30 AM. Sleeping in to me is getting up at 6:00 AM.

7. I'm slightly obsessed with cool whip and could eat an entire container in one sitting.


Thanks again for the award Sara and be sure to check out her blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cool whip thing? yeah. i may or may not do that on a regular basis hahah

Sara said...

Thanks, Jenny! I hope you are having a great weekend. :)