Friday, February 25, 2011

Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack

Last weekend after I ran 5 mi, I wanted to do some core work but was getting bored with the same old exercises so I thought I'd try a new DVD I got for Christmas, Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack. I was also excited to get some new exercises for my core class I teach because after almost 4 years of teaching it, I can always use something new & fresh.

There are two workouts on the DVD, Level 1 & Level 2. Both are about 35 min including a warm up and cool down. I decided to try Level 1 to start out just because the DVD recommends doing Level 1 for 3 weeks before moving on to Level 2. I figured Level 1 wouldn't be super challenging but I wanted to at least see what it was like. The DVD has Jillian, along with 2 other trainers, doing the workout. One trainer is doing a modification to the exercise to make it easier while the other trainer is doing a more challenging version. I really liked this because since it was Level 1, there were several times I had to do the more challenging version.

The workout itself was great; it wasn't just your typical ab workout on the floor. For example, there were squats & lunges with twists to engage your core along with shorts bursts of cardio like burpees & mountain climbers. The workout was one circuit that you went through twice. You can see though that each circuit had a ton of exercises since the workout was about 30 minutes long! Even though I wasn't sore the next day, it was still a good workout that kept my heart rate elevated and I'm hoping after trying Level 2, I'll be able to feel the burn a little bit more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you feel the burn next time. burning = awesomeness...at least when it's your ab/core work...heh.

BeckyJo606 said...

I didn't even know this Jillian Michael's DVD existed! I just finished The Shred and I'm onto the Fat Burning Metablism one she has. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love Jillian! :) Oh, and definitely a small world. That's crazy. Are you running Hood to Coast again? I'm doing it this year for the first time in like 6 years! ;)