Saturday, June 25, 2011

Worthington Farmer's Market

After a fantastic negative split 6 mile run (8:19, 8:02, 7:50, 7:49, 7:40, 7:32) and teaching a great 1 hour Intermediate TRX class, Todd & I ventured to downtown old Worthington for the farmer's market. I already went once last month with my Mom but wanted to bring Todd this time around.

Some of the vendors set up in front of the Worthington Inn, which was built in 1831

More vendors

We stopped inside Blue Frost Cupcake for a quick treat. They just opened about 6 months ago and I was excited to try out a cupcake or two. They had an amazing window display with their cupcakes--a summer cookout scene:

"Burger" cupcakes on the grill and "corn on the cob" cupcakes made with jellybeans to look like kernels of corn

"Pie" cupcakes

Lots of flavors to choose from

Todd & I each got a mini cupcake; vanilla/vanilla for him and buckeye (chocolate & peanut butter for me)....and I couldn't turn down some "shots" of icing to take home for later

Once we devoured our cupcakes, we walked around the farmer's market a little bit longer, sampling some food along the way. Todd was most excited for the vendors selling cheese (one vendor had about 15 different flavors to try!) and I was excited to get more veggie burgers from Luna Burger.

A few of our finds: mozzarella cheese, colby dill cheese, and cheesy rosemary flatbread

Once the farmer's market started to wind down, Todd & I stopped for a quick glass of wine at House Wine...the perfect way to end our late morning adventure

1 comment:

Christina @ The Athletarian said...

Those cupcakes look SO GOOD! PB and chocolate has got to be the best!