Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Recap: September 19-25

This was a huge cutback week for me as I ramp up for one more big week of marathon training. I had to work late a few nights, had book club, and went to Laporte, PA for a long weekend with my family so I didn't have much time for running as it was. In Laporte, I ran 4 mi on Friday morning and then did Insanity with Todd on my laptop. Saturday was a long run for me and since my brother was in town with us too (he's training for a 50 mi race in December), I ran 12 mi with him to the next town over from Laporte. Let me tell you, this was by far, one of the hardest runs I've ever done. I'm not used to running hills and there were some big hills we had to run up. Since Jeff is from San Francisco, these hills didn't affect him as much but I definitely had to stop and walk a few times. Despite a few walk breaks, I was very pleased with my time of averaging 8:54/mile.

Monday: REST

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX combo class
4 mi (7:54 pace)

Wednesday: 6 mi (8:05 pace)

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX combo class

Friday: 4 mi (8:29 pace); Insanity Pure Cardio (40 min)

Saturday: 12 mi w/ my brother in Laporte (8:54 pace)
Walked 2.5 mi around Eagles Mere Lake

Sunday: REST

TOTAL: 26 mi

No comments: