Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekly Recap: November 21-27

I was finally able to run this week without any knee pain! I decided to try out a very easy mile on Monday so when I went to the doctor later in the week, I could tell him how my knee was feeling. I was surprised when I felt great after that mile and gave it another shot on Wednesday. The doctor on Wednesday morning told me that my knee seemed to be getting better, to keep stretching my IT band & foam rolling, and to increase my milage by only a 1/2 mile at a time. Keeping all that in mind, I ran 1.5 miles on Friday and again, felt good. I'm very glad my IT band recovery was only 5-6 weeks, I had read some horror stories and was thinking it might take more than 6 months. I'm really hoping by coming back slowly, I'll stay healthy.

Also, I went to an AMAZING hot yoga class on Thanksgiving morning...biggest class I'd ever seen with 40 people attending! Just what I needed before getting in the car for a 3 hour ride to be with Todd's family for Thanksgiving.

Monday: 40 min elliptical; ran 1 mi (9:15 pace)
45 min Spinning

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX combo class

Wednesday: 30 min elliptical; ran 1 mi (9:04 pace)

Thursday: Hot Power Flow Yoga (75 min)

Friday: ran 1.5 mi (9:18 pace); push ups

Saturday: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40 min)

Sunday: taught 20 min core & taught 50 min Spinning-->Last Class @ Lifestyle Polaris

TOTAL: 3.5 mi

No comments: