Saturday, December 31, 2011

Busy Week to End 2011

It's been a heck of week to end the year. While Todd had the week off from work, I had one of the busiest weeks at work. To try to put it in perspective, we tested 700 police officers in the month of December, including almost 200 just in the past 4 days, yet we only tested 1300 in the entire year. So yes, we tested more than half of the officers just in December! It figures that now we're done with our busy season and I have a 3 day weekend, I'm sick.

Todd & I had plans every night this week starting with the 14th Annual Sexy 7 Gift Exchange that we were hosting at our place. I spent most of Monday cleaning our place and making food for the get together. The girls came over around 7:00 PM and a couple brought their husbands so while the girls hung out, the guys walked down to the local bar in our apartment complex for a few drinks.

Some snacks to munch on

More food that hardly got touched

The Sexy 7 + Gina - Lauren (we missed you Lauren!)

Todd & I

Lauren had me in the gift exchange and even though she wasn't there, she had given her present to one of the other girls to give me and I loved it! It's a pink lulu power y tank!

The guys came back around 11:00 PM and we all hung out for a little bit longer before people finally started to leave around midnight. I had to get up early the next morning to teach so I wasn't starting the week on the best foot with only about 4.5 hours of sleep.

Tuesday after work, Todd & I went over to one of my college roommate's house for dinner with a few of my other college roommates who were also in town. One of them had been in Kenya for 8 months and I hadn't seen in a couple years while the other two are currently pregnant so it was nice to catch up.

Wednesday after work, Todd & I stopped over at Lauren's house so I could drop her present off from the gift exchange since I had her and she couldn't make it. I was really glad to hang out with her for about an hour before going to my parent's for dinner. My brother had been in town from San Fran for almost a week and was going back on Thursday morning so we had one last dinner together.

My parents, brother, and myself

Thursday after work, Todd & I wanted to go to a wine tasting but I was so exhausted I just wanted to lay down on the couch. Todd slaved away in the kitchen for a few hours and we had a great homemade meal of chicken pot pie & mashed potatoes and we were finally able to use our cast iron dishes from our wedding.

Delicious dinner

And last but not least, last night after work, we went over to one of our friends' houses, Nate & Erica, to hang out with them and another couple, Sara & Jay, who were in town from Nashville. I was finally able to meet their new baby too. After Sara & Jay left, the rest of us went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner and had a great time.

Despite a busy week, Todd & I were able to hang out with a lot of our friends that we hadn't seen in a quite a few months and it was a great way to end the year.

No comments: