Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Rodrick's 1st Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower in Columbus on Saturday with a bunch of my friends and it turned out to be beyond anything I had ever expected.  Lynn, who is 35 weeks pregnant and who I hosted a shower for last month, hosted the shower along with help from a few other good friends and my mom. My friends definitely know me well and planned every last detail according to what I like (in terms of food & dessert) and what Baby Rodrick's nursery is going to look like (pink and gray).  I left the shower completely overwhelmed by how amazing all of our friends are and how many people already love our baby girl!
 
The details:
 
Sign on the mailbox

Sign on the front door welcoming all the guests

Drink station

Presents

Main food table with sandwiches, caprese salad cups, greek pinwheels, and taco dip cups

Beautiful diaper cake

Dessert table with all my faves: mini Boston cream pie cups, funfetti dip, cake pops, cake, and homemade peanut butter cups

Pink & gray bunting (there was another one hanging on the mantle) that we'll be able to hang in the nursery

Cookie favors

The guests:

So excited to see everyone when I walked in

Giving out lots of hugs especially to a few friends I hadn't seen in quite awhile

About to eat

Showing off my bump

Sexy 7 in attendance who helped with the shower: Megs, Lynn, me, Lindsey, and Katie

Lynn & I and our bumps

35 weeks vs. 30 weeks

Everyone chatting & hanging out

UDXC girls: Colleen, Dana, Shimmer, and me

My running girls: Tracy, me, and Emily

My Mom & I

Everyone eating

The gifts:
 
Beautiful handmade quilt/blanket from Megan

Bouncy chair

Excited to get my diaper bag...won't Todd looks great carrying this too?

Baby girl's 1st pair of running shorts

Print designed by Lynn that will hang in the nursery

Cannot believe how generous everyone was and I'm so excited to get everything set up & organized


3 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

I love it love it love it all! I got the same diaper bag and I'm obsessed! I think it's not too girly! You look amazing mama! Not much longer!

Sarah said...

That looks like such an amazing shower! How nice that they included your nursery colors! That quilt is to die for, too! You look fabulous! :)

Lindsay said...

what a beautiful shower! the quilt is gorgeous and all the details they put into the shower are sweet.