With fall in full swing, I love all things pumpkin (except pumpkin pie for some odd reason) and I love having bread or coffee cake for breakfast. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew it would hit the spot because it has 3 of my 4 favorite sweet ingredients: peanut butter, chocolate chips, and pumpkin. My other favorite is mint but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work in this bread. While Lucy took a nap while Todd held her on Sunday afternoon, I was able to whip up this bread in no time.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree, from the can
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk Greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until no lumps remain.
3. Stir in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir in flour.
4. Stir about 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
from Crazy for Crust