Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Already August

I'm not sure how it's already August and I cannot believe that Lucy will start school one week from tomorrow!  For the past 2 years, she went to a preschool program at a local church but this year she'll be doing the public school's peer model preschool program which means she's on the normal school district calendar and starts in mid-August instead of mid-September.  I think she's excited but nervous because she's at a new school and won't see the same kids she's been with the past 2 years. I'm just kinda sad that summer is already winding down and Lucy will be going to school 4 mornings/week which means it'll just be me & Cece on Friday mornings when I'm off work.  Despite the weather not being the greatest recently to go to the pool, we did get some nice weekdays last week which I took advantage of and finally got brave enough to take the girls to Zoombezi Bay by myself in the afternoon.  It was fantastic and I wish I had done it sooner.

This past weekend was spent going to swim lessons, the open house at Lucy's dance studio to get tap shoes and her recital DVD, Makeover Takeover at the Shops at Worthington, and riding bikes outside.  Todd also finished tiling the wall in the basement that he's been working on for what seems like forever.

The girls hanging out at the pediatrician's office one afternoon last week; Lucy has a stye/chalazion on her eyelid so we had to go get it checked out and now have to go see an eye doctor next week

Afternoon at Zoombezi Bay

Matching towels and snacks

Took advantage of the tax free weekend and did some damage shopping for the girls on Friday morning; Lucy is trying on her new shoes here

They were both so good while we were shopping that I decided to treat them to lunch at Chick-fil-A

During  their last swim lesson on Saturday morning, Todd swam with Cece while I watched Lucy swim

She wanted me to take a picture of her braids

 Cece was dancing along to Lucy's recital DVD

Lucy was also dancing along to her ballet number

Makeover Takeover in Worthington--pop up shops with local, handmade items

We got a cupcake to split

Lucy met a minion

Since the kids' play area was dead, the girls were able to run (or crawl in Cece's case) around

 Bike ride along our neighborhood bike path

 Lucy is finally getting the hang of her balance bike

Todd is very proud of his wall in his beer-making room; I'm just glad he's getting closer to finishing the room so I can actually see him again on the weekends

No comments: