Monday, October 2, 2017

Lucy's 4th Birthday

Lucy's birthday was on Friday and since I love birthdays, I was so excited to plan a special day for her to celebrate her turning 4.  I had to work overnight from 10:00 PM-2:30 AM on Thursday into Friday so by the time I got home and went to bed, it was after 3:00 AM.  I got just a few hours of sleep before I had to get the girls up and ready to take Lucy to preschool.  Todd was going to work a half day and get home in the early afternoon so I could take Lucy to the movies while he stayed home with Cece.  The AMC theaters at Easton are showing some of the Disney princess movies throughout the week so I thought it'd be a fun treat to take Lucy to see Tangled at the theater.  She's only been to the movies once (she saw Sing this summer with Todd) so it was the first time I was able to go with her.  She loved it despite having her ears covered for a bit because it was too loud.

About to head up the escalator to the theater

Love spending one-on-one time with her

Lucy was so excited the seats had a tray table with a cup holder

Afterwards, we met Todd, Cece, and my parents at American Girl where Lucy was able to pick something out for her birthday as part of her present from Grandma & Grandpa.  She picked a bath set for Bitty as well as a towel and blanket.  Then, we headed over to Melt for dinner.  If you've never been there they put a unique twist on grilled cheese sandwiches and let me tell you, the sandwiches there are outrageous.  My dad got a sandwich that was literally a slice of lasagna on bread.  Todd got the monthly special that was called Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and it had fried chicken, creamed corn, scalloped potatoes, sauteed greens, and cheese.  It was amazingly tasty. 

Stopped by the Lego store on our short walk from the movie theater to American Girl

The birthday girl & Cece with Grandma & Grandpa

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner---Todd's ridiculous sandwich

Random group shot

Lucy and her grilled PB&J sandwich that she split with Cece

Since we had an early dinner, we had plenty of time when we got back to our house for cake and presents which was good because I swear, it looked like Christmas in our family room with the amount of presents Lucy got.  It was a bit ridiculous and this girl is spoiled rotten.

Our 4 year old!

Blowing out her candles

Family shot

Ready to open presents

My aunt & uncle gifted Lucy with my cousin's American Girl doll, Samantha, that she had as a kid

Lucy was so excited and immediately started playing with her; I had the books that went along with all the dolls as a kid so my mom brought those over and we've been reading a chapter each night in the Samantha books 

More presents

She'd been asking for a Jasmine costume for awhile now and was thrilled that we got her one

She'd also been eyeing this laundry set at Target for her bitty baby

MaMa & PaPa sent Lucy a Wellie Wisher doll so she is all set and has lots of new "friends" to play with now

Lucy will get to continue her birthday celebration a little bit longer since her birthday party with her friends is this Saturday.  She had asked for a tea party so we booked The Glass Slipper for a Fancy Nancy tea party and she is so excited!

No comments: