Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Another Cold Weekend

I wish I could say we had some amazing weekend with lots of fun activities and events planned but it was actually quite the opposite.  With a major winter storm predicted for Friday afternoon into early Saturday morning, we didn't want to have our plans canceled so besides Todd's year-end/holiday work party on Saturday night, we pretty much just hung around home.  I also was getting over a pretty bad sinus infection (I felt terrible all week and after some coercing from Todd, I finally went to the doctor on Thursday for some antibiotics) so I was okay with being at home.

I had a mandatory training at work on Friday afternoon so I spent the morning at home with the girls (took Lucy to school & ran to Target with Cece) and then my parents came over for a couple hours to watch them.  Since there was supposed to be freezing rain in the afternoon, which could've caused for some very icy roads, they condensed our 4 hour training into 2 hours...which was amazing.  Plus, Todd was able to come home from work early so he was home by 4:30 PM...which was also amazing. 

Cece was my little shopping buddy at Target

My 2nd attempt at Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie was much more successful on Friday night! 

The whole batch only makes 8 cookies but they are HUGE

My failed attempt a couple weeks ago on New Year's Eve (they got really flat)

We were under a level 2 snow emergency on Saturday morning so we spent the day at home and the girls played with some new Christmas toys we hadn't opened yet as well as some older toys.  It's nice that they can actually play "together" a little bit now and I know it'll get better once Cece starts talking more.  Lucy is definitely rubbing off on Cece though because Lucy will frequently get on our fireplace to put on a show and I can't tell you how many times Cece has crawled up there now too and will start "singing"....it's hilarious!

The girls having a picnic

Drawing with her new toy

Lucy & I spent some time making masks

Todd's year-end/holiday party was a bit different this year.  Instead of having one huge party with all of Honda R&D (which a lot of people refer to as Honda Prom because some people get really dressed up), they decided to give each division money and let the employees decide what to do for their party.  Todd's division put together a committee and then sent out emails with ideas you could vote on as well as when to hold the party (hence the reason it was in January).  We ended up going to Funny Bone for dinner and a show.  While we were initially disappointed that we weren't going to get to hang out with Todd's friends and their wives (they all work in different divisions), I was excited I didn't have to dress up and we love Funny Bone so it all worked out.  We had a great time and it was nice to get to meet some of Todd's coworkers that I hear about.

Selfie at the Funny Bone

and then Todd's manager's wife volunteered to take a picture of us

Sunday, again, was spent mostly at home although we did run out to go the grocery store and Old Navy.  Hopefully we venture out this weekend for something fun to do because I can only handle so much time at home before I go a little stir crazy!

Legos everywhere!

Cece & Lucy with the Old Navy mannequin dog

No comments: