Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I'm officially ready for Christmas! Although I had finished shopping several weeks ago (I know, I know, I'm one of those people), I finally finished wrapping all my presents today. With my brother, Jeff, coming home tomorrow and the 11th Annual Sexy 7 Gift Exchange on Wednesday along w/ 3.5 days of being insanely busy at work, I knew I wouldn't have time before Todd & I head to Leetonia for Christmas Eve to wrap presents. I have also watched a handful of Christmas movies the past few weeks to get into the holiday spirit.


Presents wrapped & ready to go



These are a few of my favorite Christmas things....cinnamon pinecones, The Polar Express, and of course the classic Christmas movies....yes, Home Alone is a classic! I can never hear "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" without thinking of cute little Kevin trying to trick the Wet Bandits.



If you've seen my apartment, you know that there is definitely not any room for a Christmas tree, so I have to make do with my parent's old ceramic light up tree.



And last but certainly not least, I have to show you my absolute favorite holiday tradition....the advent calendar. My Grandma made this for our family & growing up, Jeff & I would take turns hanging up the Christmas ornaments. One year I would hang up the odd days and Jeff would hang up the even days and the following year, we'd switch. The reason we had to do this was because you wanted to have the even days. Why you ask? Because that meant you got to hang up the ornament on December 24 which was always the star on top of the tree. Since my parents knew how much I loved this calendar, when I moved out a few years ago, they gave it to me to keep up the tradition. And I still love hanging up the star every Christmas Eve.






1 comment:

Walk to the Mailbox said...

Wittich! I love that you have a blog now. I just added you to my reader :) Love, G