Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Todd & I had a wonderful but busy weekend. On Friday, Todd planned date night for us! We went to dinner at Haiku in the Short North followed by seeing The Nutcracker at the Ohio Theatre. I hadn't seen it in quite a few years & it was just like I remembered it. As we walked outside after it was over, we walked straight into a winter wonderland of snow. It had started snowing during the show so by the time we walked outside, there was already a good inch or two on the ground.

We ended our weekend at the Zoolights on Sunday night. Despite the cold, we managed to walk around for about an hour (and that was about 30 minutes longer than I thought I would actually make it due to the hot chocolate I had to get). In total, we saw 3 animals! Apparently when you go to the zoo at the end of December to see the Christmas lights, you're not really going to see any animals. Enjoy the pics!

Loving all the different colored lights
I couldn't believe how many lights were up! Every year it seems like they add more and more.

The lights around the pond


Todd & I (just imagine us standing in front of the lights in the previous picture)



On a side note, I finally got a new phone! I am the proud owner of Blackberry Curve. I think Todd is happy that I can check my email on my phone now instead of always asking to borrow his iPhone.

No comments: