Friday, January 15, 2010

Ain't No Mountain High...

Ok so we weren't exactly climbing mountains but we were climbing. Todd & I went indoor rock climbing at Vertical Adventures last week for the first time in over a year.

A few years back, before we were dating, Todd used to climb with a bunch of people from work 2-3 nights/week but then slowly got out of the habit. Last winter, Todd wanted to start climbing again so he took me and I really liked it. We meant to keep going on a regular basis but then I kinda broke my hand so that went out the window. We figured with the cold weather and limited outdoor activities, we might as well start going again. Last week was a little shaky for me as I was slowly getting back into the swing of it. By the end of our 1.5 hour climbing session, I had made it to the top twice!

All the climbs are numbered 1 through 10 according to difficulty with 10 being extremely challenging. When Todd was climbing a lot a few years ago, he could make it up some of the 7s and 8s. Last week, I was happy I made it to the top of a couple 2s.

We went climbing again last night with Derek & Emily and had a blast. We're going to try to make it a weekly activity. I even made it all the way up a 4!!

Just getting started....

Halfway up!
(I eventually made it to the top)

Emily & Derek deciding which one to climb

Good job Todd! You made it off the ground.


No comments: