Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure

The Bachelor, Biggest Loser, The Real Housewives of Orange County (or New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, etc.), Real World, and even the Jersey Shore. Yes, I said it, I watch the Jersey Shore. I'm guilty of watching loving reality TV. I just can't help myself. It's so bad I even watched Conveyor Belt of Love the other night, which unfortunately is about 42 minutes of my life I will never get back. Thank god for DVR though so at least I could fast forward through the commercials and wasted only 42 minutes instead of a full hour.

I feel like I can justify watching Biggest Loser because of my occupation as an exercise physiologist and the fact that I love to work out. It really is amazing to see the transformation the contestants go through despite how unrealistic the show really is. I mean, seriously, how many people can go from being an obese couch potato to working out 8 hours a day, restricting their diet, and losing 25 lbs in 1 week all while not having to worry about working 40 hours/week and taking care of their family? That's right, NO ONE. But it's still crazy to see how much weight they do lose.

I tell myself after every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette that I won't watch another rose ceremony because 1.) the relationship never lasts between the couple (ok ok besides Trista & Ryan) and 2.) the show is sooo cheesy. But, what did I find myself doing the other night? Setting my DVR to record the series yet again.

As for the MTV reality shows that I should have stopped watching about 10 years ago, well, I really have no answer for you. I thought when I turned 20 I'd stop watching them. At the rate I'm going, it looks like I might have to wait a few more years for when I turn 30....


On a side note, ironically, after I posted about the trips Todd & I were hoping to take this year, we got a save the date for a wedding this June in Washington DC for one of Todd's friends so it looks like we might have to bag the trips to Vegas and/or the cottage.

No comments: