Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Protein Products from Cliff Bar

I absolutely love Cliff Bar products, not only are they delicious but they use organic ingredients and are free of trans fat, hydrogenated oil, and high fructose corn syrup. There are so many Cliff products perfect for any occasion--an easy breakfast, energy chews during a long run, a quick midday snack, or a recovery smoothie after a tough workout.

A few of my favorite products include:


Mojo Bar in Mountain Mix

Cliff Bar in White Chocolate Macadamia Nut (I also love Cool Mint Chocolate)

Cliff Kid Zbar in Chocolate Chip

Luna Bar in Chocolate Peppermint Stick


Luna Sport Watermelon Moon Energy Chews (similar to shot bloks but smaller)

Shot Bloks in Strawberry


Luna Sport Dark Chocolate Recovery Smoothie


I needed to replenish my supply of Cliff products so when I was at Whole Foods the other day, I stocked up on bars & bloks and was pleasantly surprised when I saw a new Cliff product that I had to try. The new Luna Protein bars are less than 200 calories and have 12 g of protein & 3 g of fiber. They come in 3 flavors: chocolate peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie dough, and chocolate cherry almond. I bought the chocolate peanut butter & the chocolate chip cookie dough bars and tried the chocolate peanut butter the other day. It was chocolaty, nougaty goodness! It didn't have a "proteiny" taste and despite it's small size, it was pretty filling.


I was curious if Cliff had any other new products so I went to their website and found these:


According to their website, Shot Roks promote recovery post-activity and have 20 g of protein. Wow! They have a crunchy shell with chewy center and come in 3 flavors: peanut butter, chocolate, and chocolate chip cookie dough. Hopefully this show up in stores sometime soon otherwise I might have to break down & order some online.

I got my 12 mi progression run in this morning on the treadmill as it had snowed overnight. I felt amazing during my run even though I was a bit sore from lifting yesterday & tired from getting up early. I started at 8:19 pace to warm up and gradually increased the speed, ending with the last quarter mile at 6:58 pace. I ran the 12 mi in 1:34:18 for an average pace of 7:51. My goal was to run under 8:00 pace (goal marathon pace) so I'm very happy with this run. I did this similar run 3 weeks ago and I ran 3 minuntes faster today!

No comments: