To get to know me a little bit better, here are 2 random facts about myself:
1. I'm rarely ever sick with a cold or flu but I tend to be injury prone or have some other random serious illness that requires serious medical attention. Not including when I was born or getting my wisdom teeth out, I have either been hospitalized, gone to the ER, or put under 7 times. Just to name a few:
- Stitches in my forehead (ran into the corner of the bathroom door thanks to my brother shutting it in my face just as I was running into the bathroom)
- Tonsils & adenoids removed (I had strep throat ALL.THE.TIME when I was younger)
- 3 pins in my left hip (stress fracture from running...yes, I'm aware I have the hip of an 80 year old woman)
- Broken big toe (dropped 45 lb weight plate on it while working at the YMCA)
- Hospitalized for almost a week my sophomore year of college because of food poisoning; it was the worst pain of my life thus far and my stomach has never been the same since (thanks UD dining hall!)
- Extranavicular bone in my left foot removed (crutches for 7 weeks, walking boot for 2.5 months)
- Broken hand (fell while running)
Apparently about 20% of the population has this but it doesn't bother most people. Mine was so large it was painful because my tendons were stretched too far over the bone.
2. I have flown on an airplane 39 times and none of these include work/business trips. I feel like this is a lot for only being 26 years old but this is what happens when a lot of my family lives 1000+ miles away. And yes, I have actually kept track of this since I was younger. I already have 3 more trips planned in the next 6 months too including Boston, Portland, OR, and overseas for a Mediterranean cruise!