Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Recap

First of all, I hope everyone had a great Easter! Second of all, I can finally eat sweets again!

Todd went home on Friday night to see his family since he would be coming back to Columbus on Saturday night to spend Easter Sunday with my parents and I. In the almost 2 years we've dated, we've never gone to church with my parents. We went to both Easter & Christmas mass with his family last year so I really wanted to be with my parents this year for Easter.

Church was insane this morning. My family belongs to one of the largest parishes in the diocese of Columbus, St. Joan of Arc. Over 4000 families belong and I swear, all 4000 were at church today at 9:30am. Luckily, my parents got there super early to save seats for Todd & I because even though we left with plenty of time, the traffic just to get into the church parking lot was crazy. They actually have 2 masses going on simultaneously with 2 different priests because so many people come on Easter.

St. Joan of Arc

After church, we went to my parent's house for a day of food & fun. We started with a delicious breakfast that included waffles, fruit salad, hot cross buns, eggs, bacon, and a raspberry tea ring from Todd's mom.


Todd & I posing outside of my parent's house among the pretty flowers before breakfast

Todd enjoying some syrup on his bacon

My dad also had an Easter egg hunt set up for Todd & I. I love Easter egg hunts! He had hidden 24 eggs in our family room. Guess who won? I did! I found 13 and Todd found 11. My parents also gave us gift cards, mine for Panera and Todd's for Winking Lizard. We hung out with my parents and just chatted the afternoon away before eating an early dinner.

My Mom & I
Todd & I hanging out on the couch

We had another big meal for our early dinner which consisted of honey glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, asparagus, rolls, pineapple & strawberries, and of course some wine.

Some of the spread

I also made funfetti cookies last night to bring over for dessert today


We had a wonderful Easter and now we're about to head to Graeter's for some ice cream. I haven't had ice cream since before Thanksgiving because of my cholesterol but I figure it's Easter and my favorite flavor, Strawberry Chip, is the seasonal flavor at Graeter's right now so I better get some while I can.

No comments: