Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

Todd's sister, brother-in-law, and 3 year old nephew came into town this weekend. Before we met them to go to the Ohio State spring football game on Saturday, Todd & I headed over to his new apartment he's moving into at the end of the week.

His apartment complex is built & owned by the same company as mine so our apartments look a little similar in terms of the look of the kitchen, bathroom, and the carpet but the layouts are different. Plus, Todd has a slightly bigger apartment with higher ceilings and a balcony.

The view of the kitchen from the front door
The view of the living room, balcony, and bedroom from the front door

Another view of the kitchen and desk nook
The view of the greenhouse from his balcony
Another view from this balcony
He's moving in at the end of this week so I already know what I'll be helping him with next weekend....unpacking!

After looking around his apartment, we met his family to head to the annual Ohio State spring football game. This game is basically a scrimmage or practice (scarlet vs. gray) that is open to the public. It's a good chance for people who aren't able to get tickets to see them play during the season watch them at the Horseshoe. Seating is general admission but it had been raining off and on all day so we headed up to the D deck so we could be covered in case it started raining again.

Todd & I
I'll be the first to admit I'm not really an OSU fan. A lot of people may think this is hard to believe because I was born & raised in Columbus and lived here basically my whole life. I'm also an alum of Ohio State because I went to grad school there; however, I find Ohio State fans, specifically during football season, to be obnoxious and annoying. I don't hate OSU, I just don't love them either. I'm indifferent. I could care less if they beat Michigan or they lose. Ok, enough about that.

The game was alright, but I wasn't really paying attention that much either because we were all talking to each other during the game. We also met up with Todd's cousin and his daughter and some of their friends.

My favorite part of Ohio State football games would have to be the band. During the season, the marching band is an all brass band but during the spring game they use a different band which includes all instruments and it also means they don't do script Ohio. They did march to a few songs at halftime and then made the shape of Ohio with the breast cancer ribbon in the middle. The game was being played for breast cancer and the players all had pink numbers on their jerseys and the coaches wore pink hats. These were all going to be auctioned off later with the money going to support breast cancer research.

Marching band at the end of the halftime show

We left at the beginning of the 4th quarter so I'm not sure if scarlet or gray won. Even though I don't necessarily like OSU, I do enjoy going to football games so I still had fun.

After teaching my core class & spinning at the gym today, I met up with Todd's family at the mall and we went shopping the rest of the afternoon.

Uncle Todd & Andrew hanging out in Buckeye Corner

It was good to visit with his family especially since I didn't go home with Todd a few weeks ago. Andrew always seems so much bigger every time I see him and he's a riot. The saying "kids say the darndest things" is so true because he just says some of the funniest things!

No comments: