Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5 Year UD Reunion

On Saturday, Todd & I, along with Lynn & Nathan, headed down to Dayton for Alumni Reunion Weekend. We also planned to meet up with Dave & Liz while we there too. Every summer, UD hosts this event for any alumni of the university but they have events planned specifically for the big reunion years (5, 10, 15, 20 year, etc.). The reason they have this in the summer is because you can actually stay in the dorms and stay on campus the whole weekend. UD is a fairly small campus so there's really no need to have to drive around, everything is within a 10-15 min walk. Since it was Lynn, Dave, and my 5 year reunion, we all decided to bring our significant others and head down for the day. By the way, I really can't believe it's been 5 years since I graduated from college!

Our first stop was to the house I lived in senior year with 5 other amazing girls. Senior year was a great year and we had a lot of fun. Our house was in a good location in the ghetto (UD refers to its student neighborhood as the ghetto) and we had many late nights staying up and hanging out.

Posing at my old house on 3 Evanston

Right across the street from 3 Evanston, they built a new rec center my senior year. Unfortunately, it didn't actually open until the following year once I graduated, but I was woken up every morning by the sound of construction senior year. I never got to see what the finished RecPlex looked like, so we made a quick stop inside. It was huge and nothing like the tiny workout room they used to have.

We walked around the indoor track where they had some cardio & strength equipment set up above the basketball courts

Before we headed to some of the bars on campus, Lynn & I wanted to go to the bookstore to get some new shirts. I ended up with 4 shirts, but I got 1 for free! When I went to buy 3 shirts, they told me that I had spent $200 over the years on clothes which meant I got a free $20. Since I knew I wouldn't be back to UD for awhile, I went ahead and got a 4th shirt for free.

Pretty excited to get a free shirt

On our way to Milanos we walked by the chapel. UD is a Catholic university so there is a chapel on campus for students to attend mass.

I think there was a wedding there on Saturday too because of the white tent set up in front


We finally made it to Milanos and met up with Dave & Liz and some other friends. It was fun to hang out and run into random other people you hadn't seen since college.

Lynn & I

Me, Lynn, Nathan, Dave and Liz having some drinks

One of the best parts of the day was meeting up with one of my old roommates from junior & senior year, Kelly. She lives in Chicago now so I hadn't seen her since another roommate's wedding last summer.

Kelly & I

After leaving Milanos and heading to Flannagans, we cut through campus a bit and made a quick stop to take a picture in front of The Deli.

Me, Kelly, Lynn

We also walked right by my house from junior year. It looks a lot different though with the yellow siding. When I lived there, it was all brick just like the brick on the porch.

415 College Park

Our final stop of the day was to Flannagans, another UD bar. We were hoping to go to the Fieldhouse instead for fish bowls but it wasn't open yet.

Todd & I
Lynn & Nathan

Love the Dayton signs

The day wouldn't have been complete without Lynn's favorite shot
Of course we had to get a picture of the 3 UD grads....nice one Dave
Nathan & Todd in their matching green & plaid heading to Chipotle for some food before driving back to Columbus

It was a short trip to UD but it was worth it to see some old friends, roommates, and even cross country teammates. I loved all 4 years at UD and would not have wanted to go anywhere else for college. GO DAYTON FLYERS!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

we had a wedding in dayton last summer - and went to flannagan's - it was the only bar open at 11am - we loved it - i think we went a total of 3 times that weekend... i felt like a regular for a weekend at least!