Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Running Day

In honor of National Running Day, I got up early this morning to head outside for a nice 4 mile run. I managed to average 8:08 pace in 67 degree weather & 91% humidity. Not too bad for only running a few times in the past couple months. I was out & back before the sun even came up. I love these mornings and can't believe it was only a few short months ago that there was snow on the ground and I could see my breathe while running outside. I definitely don't miss that.

I almost feel like I should take off work today to celebrate this national holiday. Trust me, I was tempted after an insanely busy day at work yesterday. Why is it so much harder to get going & go back to work after a 3-day weekend?

While running, I had some time to think about what my next race will be & I decided on the Christine Wilson Memorial 5K at the end of July. I did this race years back but I haven't done a 5K in at least 3 or 4 years so I won't be expecting any spectacular but I figure it'll give me something to look forward to in the next couple months. This race also has meaning to me as it was established to remember Christine Wilson, a girl I sat next to in homeroom all 4 years of high school and graduated with. She, along with 4 other students, died in April 2003 in a tragic house fire at OSU. While I wasn't good friends with her, it still hits home and is a great cause as the money goes towards various children's causes in central Ohio.

Hope everyone can get out there today & take part in National Running Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot national running day! can't wait to get out there myself