Saturday, June 5, 2010

Volleyball & Burgers

Last night, I went & watched Todd play sand volleyball at Flannagan's. His team usually plays on Monday nights but they had a make-up game because of Memorial Day. I must be their good luck charm because they finally won a game!

My view of the game (Todd is in the white shorts with a blue stripe)
The game wasn't over until after 8:00 PM so we were starving and headed down the street to Graffiti Burger. If you've ever had Five Guys Burgers, this place is ten times better, but then again I just like it more because they actually have veggie burgers. Graffiti Burgers has a very short menu with only a couple burger options, fries, and milkshakes, but there's a huge list of extra toppings you can add to your burger for free. There are around 20 toppings to choose from ranging from different kinds of cheese to different sauces.

The inside of Graffiti Burger actually has "graffiti" spray painted on all the walls

My veggie burger & Todd's double Graffiti burger with hand cut fries

I'd been dying to try a new frozen yogurt place, Menchie's, that just opened up a couple months ago and tonight was the perfect chance because it was in the same plaza as Graffiti Burger. They had 10 different flavors of frozen yogurt and tons of different toppings. It's all self-serve and then you pay by weight which is nice because you can try a bunch of toppings since you don't pay per each topping.

It was pretty crowded because the weather was great but this is the toppings bar with different sauces, fresh fruit, candy bar pieces, cereal, granola, and much more

I'm never one to shy away from chocolate so I went with a combination of chocolate peanut butter & vanilla frozen yogurt with Reese's cups, Reese's pieces, brownie bites, chocolate chips, hot fudge, and peanut butter sauce

I'm definitely gonna have to go back & try something different because there was so much to choose from!

The rest of the weekend, Todd & I will be going back to Leetonia, Ohio to visit his family and for his cousin's graduation party. I already know that it's going to fly by and Sunday night will be here before I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i played vball in high school and this post makes me want to go back out and play!

Anne said...

That frozen yogurt place looks awesome! I am definitely going to check it out next time I'm in Columbus. Also, I put the book from the last post on my list to read. Love all the recommendations!