Monday, July 12, 2010

Friends, Food, and Wine

My weekend consisted of 3 things: friends, food, and wine. After making lots of food on Friday night for dinner and the cookout Todd & I had on Saturday, I woke up early the next morning to head to the Olentangy Bike Path to meet Sara & Tracy for an 8 mi run. Besides the great conversation & it being my longest run in several months, there wasn't anything spectacular about it. Early Saturday afternoon, I met up with some of the sexy 7 (my friends from grade school & high school) for lunch at La Chatelaine, a french bakery and cafe. Courtney was in town from NYC and I hadn't seen her in quite a few months so again, like the run I had in the morning, it was great to catch up and hang out with some of my favorite girls.

Megs, Court, me, Lynn

Late Saturday afternoon, Todd & I, along with Sara, headed over to one of Todd's coworker's house for a cookout. The weather was perfect for a cookout and it was fun to relax and munch on some good food.

Todd & I at Kevin & Brie's house

Sara & I with Brie, the hostess, in the middle

I hadn't taught my core or spinning class in 3 weeks since I'd been out of town the past two weekends so after a killer ab workout and awesome spinning class, Todd & I lounged around my apartment pool soaking up the sun for a couple hours. In the late afternoon, we headed downtown for the Food & Ohio Wine Festival to sample some wine. It was very hot outside so I stuck to trying mostly chilled white wines, which I also prefer over reds.

Tasting tickets were 50 cents each with most samples being 2 or 4 tickets

Todd with our tasting glasses in hand

Enjoying a refreshing glass of Riesling

The day wouldn't have been complete without buying a few bottles of wine & a couple bottles of mead for Todd

This was one of the first weekends in awhile where the weekend didn't actually seem to fly right by. I think part of it was because we weren't traveling and part of it was because even though we had lots planned, we still had some time to just relax and hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. everyone looks so radiant and happy :)