Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 Years

On Monday, Todd & I celebrated 2 years of dating. If you remember on Valentine's Day this year, I told the story of how we met. It's hard to believe we've been together for 2 years but I guess time flies when you're having fun, right?

To celebrate, we went to dinner at Basi Italia. Todd had been here once years ago but I'd never been and had heard only good things about it. And I've pretty much been wanting to go here since Todd & I started dating, just ask him. Despite the torrential downpour in the late afternoon, the weather let up and we were able to sit outside for dinner. If I haven't mentioned it before, I love eating outside on a patio when going to a restaurant so I was really excited when the weather turned around. The food at Basi was amazing! It was seriously some of the best Italian food I've ever had.

Entrance to Basi
The patio, along with the inside of the restaurant, was small but intimate
Part of the menu was written on a chalkboard....so fun!

Our Appetizer: Zucchini Pronto with Toasted Almonds & Pecorino

Todd's Meal: Porcini Mushroom Ravioli with Sherry Wine Aioli, Sage Pesto, and Spiced Pepitas

My Meal: Eggplant Parmesan with Basil Pesto, Tomato Sauce, and Fresh Mozzarella
I'm lucky I met this guy 2 years ago
Todd trying pick up some girl on the way out...I'm not too worried

After dinner, we went for a short walk around Goodale Park. I wanted some dessert so we started to walk around the Short North to find a restaurant to stop at but I decided we could just drive to Graeter's for an ice cream sundae instead. So, before going to Graeter's, we made a quick detour for a walk around the park. We actually walked around the same park on our first date so it was nice to reminisce a little bit.

Walking around the pond in Goodale Park

We had a wonderful evening celebrating 2 years together and I'm hoping for many, many more!



No comments: