Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It was a Wicked Weekend

Todd & I had yet another busy weekend this past weekend. After we got done with our run on Saturday, we cleaned up, ate some food, and headed about an hour north to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Since Todd works for Honda, he got free tickets for the weekend for the American Le Mans Series race on Saturday and the Honda Indy 200 race on Sunday. Last year, we went to the Indy race but since we already had plans on Sunday, we decided to go watch the American Le Mans race on Saturday instead.

Our tickets for the race


Todd likes this one more but I prefer the Indy race since I've actually heard of a few of the drivers, like Danica Patrick. The American Le Mans Series involves 4 classes of cars that compete simultaneously and instead of driving for a set amount of laps, they drive for a set amount of time and try to get in as many laps as they can. Some of the cars competing are Porsches and Ferraris. So it might sound like I know a lot about car racing, right? No, I actually just looked all that info up on wikipedia. I couldn't tell you what kind of cars were racing on Saturday, they all looked the same to me.

Our view of the track from where we were sitting
Another view of one of the turns
After laying out at the pool for a few hours with some friends on Sunday, Todd and I got all dressed up and headed downtown to meet up with another couple that Todd knows from work for dinner & to see Wicked. We had a very early dinner reservation at 4:30 PM at Rigsby's and we were literally the only people in the restaurant. In fact, when we walked in, the hostess was like, "Oh you're the ones with the reservation." Yeah, I kinda think they opened up early just for us because we didn't see another person in the restaurant until we were leaving at 6:00 PM. The dinner was delicious and the other couple we were hanging out with for the evening was a lot of fun.

We headed right to the show after dinner and made it to our seats just in time for the show to start. I took my dad to see Wicked a few years ago when it came to Columbus and I remember really liking it but couldn't remember the exact storyline so it was just as enjoyable seeing it for a second time. The music is amazing and the storyline is fantastic because you get to see another side of the story of The Wizard of Oz. I highly recommend seeing it if you get a chance.

Playbill & ticket stubs
Todd & I outside the Ohio Theatre after the show (it was super crowded afterwards so this was the best picture we could get)

No comments: