Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 4-5: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Ship

My parents, Todd, and I boarded Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas cruise ship early Sunday afternoon. Since we dropped our luggage off before boarding and they deliver it to your room later that day, we had plenty of time to explore the ship before changing and getting ready for our first night of dinner & cocktails.

The view of Barcelona from the top deck of the ship
Todd & I checked out almost every nook and cranny on the ship and were amazed to find an ice skating rink, climbing wall, basketball court, inline skating track, minature golf, and a promenade with lots of shops. We grabbed a quick bite to eat in the cafe and then checked out the fitness center. Remember, the food is all-inclusive so we could eat whenever wherever everyday....drinks on the other hand were not included and extremely overpriced. Since I hadn't worked out or run in 2 days, I had some major guilt going on and this little voice in my head reminding I was running a marathon in less than a month so Todd and I headed to the fitness center on the cruise ship for a workout.

View of a couple of the pools from the top deck....people we already in their swimsuits within 15 minutes of getting on the ship

After our workout, we went to our room and saw our luggage waiting for us outside the door. We showered up and got ready for dinner in the formal dining room. As you know from the other day, after dinner, the rest of the night was a night I'll never forget.

Posing before dinner


Enjoying a lava flow after dinner....it was half strawberry daiquiri & half pina colada

My fiancee & I

Watching the welcome parade in the Royal Promenade

Monday was our only day at sea before we had 5 straight days of visiting cities in Italy & France. It was nice to sleep in a little bit and get a run in on the treadmill. It was a very relaxing day and we spent most of it by the pool. The weather was absolutely perfect too.....sunny & in the 80s as we sailed to Naples, Italy.
Poolside buffet

Todd catching a few zzz's.....probably while I talked wedding with my Mom

Belly flop contest at the pool

Gotta love the Europeans in their speedos....I believe this was the winner of the Mr. Sexy Legs contest.....the ladies were loving him

Todd & I enjoying the specialty drink of the day at the ice skating show before dinner

It was amazing what the skaters could do on such a small rink

First formal night at dinner

My parents bought a bottle of champagne at dinner to celebrate our engagement
It was nice to have a day to relax at sea and take advantage of all the activities on the ship before a busy next few days. I loved being able to lay out at the pool....while admiring my new ring of course!

No comments: