Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In 25 Days....

I will be running the Columbus Marathon. Yes, I broke down & registered for another marathon. So much for "taking it easy" the rest of 2010 after being injured for Boston. I felt good throughout my training for Hood to Coast, even doing a 15 mi & 17 mi long run, and made it through HTC without getting injured. I had it in the back of my head that I wanted to run Columbus on October 17 but really wanted to do HTC more so I wasn't going to risk getting injured for that. Once I came back from Oregon, I went ahead and registered for Columbus. It might make a little more sense now why I ran 20 mi a couple weekends ago.

I realize that since I've let the cat out of the bag, I probably jinxed myself and will get injured so please keep your fingers crossed that I stay healthy in the next 25 days. My training will be hit or miss in the next month or so since I'll be in Europe for 10 days but I plan on running on the treadmill on the cruise ship as well as squeeze in one last 20 mi long run at the beginning of October. I've had some strong workouts the past couple months and feel pretty good going into this race. This will be my 3rd Columbus Marathon (2007-1st marathon, 3:49 and 2008-3rd marathon, 3:34). It's flat, it's fast, I know it like the back of my hand, I'll have Todd and my parents cheering me on, and there are no travel expenses. Besides the wedding I have the night before, it looks like the stars are aligned for a possible PR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what marathon you were going to do :) yay! i'm sending you LOTS of stay-healthy and PR vibes :)