Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 9: Villefranche

Since Todd & I didn't have any set plans for Friday in Villefranche, France, we slept in, I ran on the treadmill, and we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast on the ship. Our view from breakfast was great though. I've been on a couple Caribbean cruises and this port was by far the most beautiful port to dock at.

Our view of Villefranche from breakfast

Villefranche is part of the French Riviera and is only a few miles from Nice (to the east) and Monte Carlo (to the west). Since the port was so small, our ship was tendered and we had to take smaller boats to get on land.

Our cruise ship, Voyager of the Seas

Once Todd & I were in Villefranche, we spent a couple hours walking around old town and going to the beach. When we originally planned the cruise, I was hoping to spend most of the day laying on the beach here but the weather had other plans. It wasn't cold but it definitely wasn't bathing suit weather and it was rainy. Despite that, we still had a nice and relaxing day walking around this beautiful town.

Colorful buildings in town by the port

View of the port

Walking around Old Town

From the port, you had to walk uphill through the town and then we had a great view of the port

Todd & I

The main beach in Villefranche....obviously the weather was deterring people from coming

Todd & I dipping our feet in the Mediterranean

Since we only walked around Villefranche for a few hours, Todd & I headed back on board the ship to hang out before dinner. We grabbed a late lunch and enjoyed a few cocktails while relaxing in the hot tub.

Todd & I at formal dinner

I promise there's only 1 more daily recap from the cruise!

No comments: