Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekly Recap: November 1-7

I was hoping to run at least 20 mi this week and my runs have been feeling easy despite my lack of speed work. I had been feeling really good since the marathon but of course, after my run on Friday, my right hip started to feel a little funny. With 2 femoral neck stress fractures in the past and 3 pins in my left hip, I'm extremely cautious when my hip starts to feel a twinge of anything. Todd & I were hoping to run on Saturday morning but when I woke up and my hip felt stiff, I wanted to rest it and try again on Sunday. I ended up just doing the elliptical on Sunday while Todd ran on the treadmill next to me. I honestly cannot figure out why my hip would be bothering me since it didn't hurt at all during my marathon training, I took a week off after the race, and have hardly been running since then. I'm going to have to play it by ear but will probably lay off the running this week and stick to cross training & TRX classes.

Monday: 1 hr TRX suspension training class
4 mi w/ Todd (8:45 pace)

Tuesday: 1 hr spinning

Wednesday: 5 mi (7:59 pace)

Thursday: 1 hr walk w/ Tracy (4 mi)

Friday: 7 mi (7:58 pace)

Saturday: REST

Sunday: 30 min elliptical; taught 20 min core & taught 50 min spinning


TOTAL: 16 mi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still a good comeback week. better to be safe than sorry with that hip. hopefully it turns out to be nothing

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

How have I gone without your blog until now??? Your pumpkin cake looks so so good! Great week and be careful with that hip!