Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Columbus Blogger Meet Up

They do exist!

No, I'm not referring to the talking M&Ms on the M&M Christmas commercial but rather Columbus bloggers. I had the opportunity to finally meet some awesome ladies on Monday evening at the Cheesecake Factory at Easton. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous! I felt like I was going on a blind date except I already knew about their life. Ok, that sounds creepy, but it's not, I swear. I think I got even more nervous when I realized I was running a little late because I took my sweet old time shopping at lululemon....but I did score some amazing pants so it might have been worth being 5 minutes late.

Since I'd been reading about some of these bloggers for months & months now, it was great to meet them in person & to get a chance to meet some new bloggers....well, new to me! It was funny that someone would start telling a story and we would know the people in the story (significant others, siblings, etc.) because we'd been reading about them everyday. There was no need to say, for example, Todd is my fiance because anyone reading my blog knows who Todd is.

Obviously I had a piece of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cake Cheesecake

Columbus bloggers!

Starting on the far left & going clockwise: Lindsey, Shannon, Molly, Stephanie, Brittany, Lindsay, Emily, me, Holly

Before we left, Steph was nice enough to give us all a Christmas ornament. I picked pink of course and then realized when I got home that I didn't have a tree to hang it on. Unfortunately, my apartment is so small I can't even fit a tree anywhere without having it look too cluttered. Fortunately, Todd & I will be married (!) next Christmas so I'll have a tree to hang it on then. For now, it's hanging on my bedroom door.

My sparkly pink ornament

I guess this will have to work for this year

All in all, it was a fantastic evening & there's already talk about a 2nd blogger meet up. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Sara said...

AWESOME! I went to high school with Lindsey at Lovin' My Life! How can I be involved in the next meet-up? That is so cool! I had no idea those existed, but I would love to meet all of you in "real" life! ;)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE meetups! if i'm ever in the columbus area promise me that we can meet up. it looks like it was a blast :)

Lindsay said...

yay!! it was so fun :)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Hey! The ornament totally works on the doorknob - remind me next year when you put up your new tree, and I'll send another to you :) I'm an ornament fanatic and love to spread the cheer ;)

Great to meet you, hope you love your pants! While shopping Easton all day yesterday (literally - all day, I had a LOT of time to kill!) I walked by lululemon and thought of you! :)

Have a great rest of the week!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

unfortunately, our meet up wasn't that successful in Vegas. We missed each other at the expo.

Brittany said...

Yay! Hope we can meet up again soon!!

Holly said...

I wish I sat at your end of the table so we could chat more! But we'll make a point of it at the next meet up!