Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown

I was quite proud of myself today after work because I did 2 things I have a really hard time motivating myself to do: 1) Work out after work and 2) Do a workout DVD at home. Although I am starting to get quite the collection of Jackie Warner & Jillian Michaels workout DVDs, I find myself struggling to actually do them at home because I get easily distracted and since I live on the 2nd floor of my apartment building, I really don't want to annoy my downstairs neighbors. This will be solved once Todd & I move in together in April because we'll be living in a townhome so no need to worry about jumping up and down and bothering anyone below us. Anyways, I recently got the Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown DVD and decided to do it today after work since I didn't make it to yoga earlier in the week.

Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown

There are 2 workouts on the DVD that are 30 minutes each. Although I've been doing yoga for the past couple months now, I wanted to start with Level 1 just to be on the safe side. The workout was challenging but do-able and I am excited to try Level 2 next time. It was different from a traditional yoga workout in that you would do a standard yoga pose but then add reps to the movement to keep your heart rate up. It didn't leave me drenched in sweat by any means and I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'm sore or not but I will definitely be doing it again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

somehow i feel the words yoga and meltdown shouldn't be spoken together hahah. although it's jillian. i guess that's to be expected.