Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Recap: January 24-30

Although I've said I teach spinning, I technically have only been teaching indoor cycling for the past 4 years. Spinning is actually a trademark term that you can only use if you're Spinning certified and ride on Spinner bikes. Luckily, the gym I teach at doesn't get that technical and only labels the class as Indoor Cycling, which I am certified to teach. After debating a couple years whether or not I want to spend $350 to get certified, I finally broke down and officially became Spinning certified on Saturday. This will actually give me the opportunity to hopefully start teaching at some other gyms that only take Spinning certified instructors. The certification class itself was pretty boring since I know how to set up the bike, proper form, etc. but at least we got to do two 1 hour rides while there.

Monday: 45 min elliptical; lifted total body

Tuesday: 45 min spinning; core

Wednesday: 30 min elliptical; total body circuit

Thursday: 30 min Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown Level 1
30 min Pilates @ lululemon

Friday: 40 min elliptical; lifted total body

Saturday: 2 x 1 hr spinning

Sunday: taught 20 min core & taught 50 min spinning

TOTAL: 0 miles

No comments: