Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And So It Begins...

Today is the first day of lent which means I won't be eating any sweets for the next 40 days. I give sweets up every year and I swear, it gets harder & harder every year. Goodbye brownies, cookies, ice cream, candy, cake, etc...see you on Easter!

Todd & I celebrated Fat Tuesday by going for Japanese at Shoku followed by Jeni's Ice Cream. Jeni's Ice Cream is a local favorite that has some very unique flavors and has been featured on the Food Network & Oprah.

New flavors!

Lots of delicious ice cream


There are definitely some crazy flavors...like Queen City Cayenne and Goat Cheese & Cognac Figs just to name a couple

My sundae with Salty Caramel ice cream & The Buckeye State ice cream (peanut butter & chocolate) with fudge and homemade whipped cream

Definitely a happy girl!

5 comments:

Dave said...

Check out this Time article from today!
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2057903,00.html

Anonymous said...

ice cream should totally make someone that happy. hizzah for fat tuesday :)

PrettyinPink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Jeni's is the best!

Ashley said...

yummmmmy! OKay, you stinkin inspire me!!! I just ran my first HALF marathon last month... ahhhh I cant imagine doing a full one! Ill get there someday :)!