Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Recap: May 16-22

With Todd & I doing Insanity 3 mornings/week, I'm quickly learning how to run after work in the afternoon. I've always been a morning runner and seem to struggle with low energy & lack of motivation after being at work all day but this week I felt like I had a breakthrough.

On Wednesday, I got home from work and immediately changed into my running clothes and headed out the door so I'd have no excuse to not run. My legs were a little heavy from Insanity that morning & I was only planning on running an easy 4 miles. I was very shocked to see my my first mile at 7:49 and decided to try to push my pace a little bit. Well, I definitely did just that and felt great as the rest of my splits were 7:24, 7:10, and 7:14. Maybe this afternoon running isn't so bad after all!

Monday: 4 mi on treadmill @ hotel in Chicago (8:16 pace)

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX combo class

Wednesday: Insanity Cardio Recovery (35 min) plus warm up from Plyometric Cardio Circuit (10 min)
4 mi (7:24 pace)

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX combo class
4 mi (8:08 pace)

Friday: Insanity Pure Cardio (40 min)

Saturday: 5 mi (8:05 pace)
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit (40 min)

Sunday: taught 20 min core & taught 50 min spinning

TOTAL: 17 mi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my running is always faster/better in the afternoons. but if i don't change into my running gear right away then i totally run the risk of skipping it