Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long Labor Day Weekend

It's been nice to ease back in the swing of things after our wedding and honeymoon. Todd & I got back from our honeymoon late Monday night last week and took the next day off of work to get my name changed. Let me tell you, that was quite the adventure and I never recommend going to the downtown Columbus social security office....well, unless you want to wait for 2 hours to be seen and potentially be in the middle of a fight between people waiting. Yeah, it was not fun. We both went back to work on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week catching up at work and life. So after a crazy end of the week, it was very nice to have a 3 day weekend to get our life back together and unpack all of our wedding presents and do lots of laundry. We really didn't even get to that stuff until yesterday since we already had plans on Saturday and Sunday.

After a short run on Saturday morning, Todd & I went down to campus to go to the season opener for OSU football. Todd is in the alumni association and gets a pair of tickets every year and we always end up getting tickets for the first game. I'm not a big OSU fan but I love going to sporting events and I love the atmosphere at OSU football games. What I don't love is sitting out in the hot sun in 95+ degree weather for 3.5 hours. I have never sweat so much in my life doing absolutely nothing. I have also never seen so many people pass out in my life...and I've run a lot of races! People were literally passing out left and right during the game; I saw 5 people pass out and one person getting sick and this was just in our one section. I'm sure the medics were busy that day! Anyways, the game was a blow out as OSU beat Akron 42-0.

My new hat and our tickets

Walking across the foot bridge to the Horseshoe

You can already see all the scarlet & gray in the stadium

We had great seats!

Already dripping in sweat

Another one towards the end of the game

And one more of Todd & I

On Sunday, I ran the Emerald City Half Marathon and definitely think sitting out in the heat on Saturday left me slightly dehydrated for the race. I ran a decent time but the last few miles were pretty ugly.

Todd & I after the race

The race was at 7:00 AM so we were home before 10:00 AM and had the rest of the day to relax. My legs were pretty tired and my stomach was a mess so I spent most of the day on the couch before finally getting something to eat late in the afternoon.

Sunday evening we had tickets with my parents to see Jersey Boys at the Ohio Theatre. This was the third musical I'd seen this year there (I also saw Les Mis and Mary Poppins) and like always, I loved it! It was about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons so we knew most of the songs they were singing.

Our tickets

We saw the last show of Jersey Boys in Columbus

Jersey Boys poster

Todd & I

I took yesterday as rest day since I ran the race on Sunday. Todd & I spent most of the day cleaning, unpacking, writing thank you notes, and running errands. I had to be up at 3:00 AM this morning to be at work so needless to say, it was an early night last night too.

No comments: