I know it's a little too early for Valentine's Day but when I saw these on Pinterest the other day, I knew I had to try them ASAP. After a long day of looking at houses (yay!!) and running errands on Saturday, Todd & I came home and I went straight into baking mode making both baked oatmeal and these brown sugar blondies.
Brown Sugar Blondies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's.
4. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
from Baked Perfection