Friday, February 10, 2012

Upcoming Races

In the past week, I've registered for 2 half marathons, one at the end of this month & one at the beginning of May. Registration for both races will be increasing in about a week so I wanted to get a little better price if I could because races definitely aren't cheap any more.


Up first is the Last Chance for Boston 1/2 Marathon (there's also a full marathon) on February 26. I'm hoping this mild winter will last a few more weeks & I won't have to run in freezing temps or snow. Basically, I took a risk registering for this race but I've been itching to run a race and figured this was a good one to do. It's a local race in Dublin & is less than 10 minutes from our place. It's also a 1-mile loop course so I'm guaranteed water/gatorade every lap (there's 1 fluid station) and I'll see Todd every mile. I don't really have a goal in mind as I've been doing most of my training on the treadmill (it's too cold & dark in the winter to run outside at 5:00 AM) so I'd just like to see what kind of shape I'm in to focus on future races.


On May 5, I'll be running the Capital City 1/2 Marathon for the 3rd time. Some of the course is similar to the Columbus Marathon (although we're running in a different direction) so I feel like I know this race pretty well. This will be my goal race for training through the rest of the winter months & into spring. I ran well last year with a 1:42 and hope to break 1:40 this year.



I'm debating whether to run the Run Cbus 10 miler on April 15. I've never actually ran a 10 mile race & it would be a good tune-up for the Cap City 1/2 a few weeks later. The other plus? It's only $45 and you get a New Balance running jacket. Pretty good deal if you ask me....

1 comment:

Sara said...

Last Chance for Boston!? I don't know how you are doing that!! I can't imagine running 13.1 miles in a LOOP! That is amazing.

Cap City! I'm running that one too - we need to meet up! :)