Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weekend with "Nothing" Planned

Ever have one of those weekends where you have nothing planned yet somehow end up without a moment to relax? Yeah, that was this past weekend for Todd & I. Besides a baby shower I was going to on Saturday for a couple hours and seeing Blue Man Group on Sunday evening, the rest of the weekend we didn't have any definite plans but this is how our not-so-busy weekend turned into a busy one...

When I got home from work on Friday afternoon, I decided to make the snickerdoodle bars I had been eyeing on Pinterest. They were good but not outstanding.




Todd & I went to dinner at Carsonie's to use a groupon we had & once we got home, I was asleep on the couch before 10:00 PM.


Saturday morning I woke up and hit the treadmill for 12 miles since I have this half marathon coming up in less than 2 weeks. I felt good & ran faster than my 12 miler the week before.

I cleaned up & headed out for a friend's baby shower for the rest of the afternoon. Todd is friends with the husband of the mom-to-be so he hung out with him and some other guy friends while I was at shower.

Some good friends had flown in from San Francisco for the baby shower so a big group of us went to dinner on Saturday evening at Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace and then had drinks at Side Bar downtown.

Hot dogs, corn dogs, and tots....you really can't go wrong with tots

While I ran on Sunday morning, Todd went work for a few hours before we met some of the same people from Saturday night for lunch at the North Market. Our friends were flying back to San Fran that afternoon so we wanted to see them one last time....although we'll be seeing them again in a couple months when Todd & I head out west.

After lunch, we decided to head to Easton so I could do some returns and browse at lululemon....and by browse I mean buying another tank top from there.

My bridesmaid dress for the wedding in September...I ordered 2 sizes online and had to return the one that didn't fit to Nordstrom

And to cap off our weekend, Todd & I went to see Blue Man Group at the Palace Theatre. We had phenomonal seats (first row in the loge!) and I loved the show. I wasn't really sure what to expect going into it but I was entertained and that's all that matters.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This happened to me this past weekend too! I had just planned to study and relax, but ended up doing lots of other things PLUS trying to squeeze in school work....wasn't as relaxing, but still good! Hope you have a relaxing weekend this weekend!