Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wedding Flowers

After getting our wedding photos back a few weeks ago, there was only one more item from our wedding that I was waiting to get back--our flowers! A couple days after our wedding in August, my mom dropped off my bouquet & one of the the bridesmaids' bouquet to FreezeFrame, a Dayton based business that also has a location in Dublin. FreezeFrame preserves your flowers & turns them into beautiful artwork or jewelry. Since it's a bit pricey, I chose to have the bridesmaid bouquet turned into a Christmas ornament and I had my bridal bouquet taken apart, along with the lace that held the bouquet together (part of my mom's wedding dress) and had them display it in shadowbox. The size of the box I chose was 8x8x3 but there are much larger options available so you can display not only your entire bouquet still put together but also your invitation or any other momentos from your wedding day.

After much anticipation, I finally received the finished products last week & absolutely loved how they turned out! It was definitely worth the long wait! Hopefully we'll be able to display the shadowbox in our new house & the ornament will be a great addition to our tree this Christmas.

The bouquets on our wedding day

Close up of the lace from my mom's wedding dress

The ornament with flowers from the bridesmaids' bouquet

Full view of the ornament

My bouquet with the lace weaved throughout

Side view of the shadowbox

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That ornament is so gorgeous. What a great way to remember your special day each christmas!