Friday, April 6, 2012

What We've Been Up To...

Despite getting our new house ready to move in to and packing up our townhome, we set aside some time the other night to try to get out & relax.

On Wednesday night, Todd & I used a Faveroo we had for a wine & olive oil tasting at Powell Village Winery. We shared 4 half glasses of wine (Todd picked 2 and I picked 2) and we had some delicious bread from Beehive Bread Company with sweet-aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I loved the look of the winery inside but was slightly disappointed with the actual wine. I definitely don't consider myself a wine snob but some of the wine tasted a little watery. I did really enjoy the Beach Chair wine--a sweet wine of kiwi & pineapple!

Lots of wine to choose from for the tasting

Our flight of 4 half glasses

Our bread & dipping oil

What else have we been up to??

Oh, have I mentioned yet we move into our new house next Thursday?

I'm attempting to keep up with the trend & bought some pink and white jeans from The Limited

I plan on hitting up Target on Easter Sunday, probably after church...I'm actually extremely proud of myself that I haven't been to Target since the beginning of February & made it all the way through Lent. Definitely need to get back though so I can find some cute things to decorate our new house with

Our plan for tonight is to head to Sears to check out this treadmill. I might actually be more excited about having an exercise room than actually owning a house. Oh, and we have to stop at Lowes to order a new front door...apparently being a homeowner = poor

I spent quite a bit of time the past few weeks watching March Madness, in particular, watching UK win the National Championship. Now don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic they won but it seemed a bit anti-climactic because let's be honest, no one else really had a chance. Love this Tervis Tumbler by the way!

And of course, we've been planning our trip to San Francisco in just a few short weeks. After the stress of buying a house & moving, it will be nice to get away and relax for a week!

No comments: