Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekly Recap: April 30-May 6

Well, it was an interesting week to say the least!  We got home from San Francisco Monday evening and I had a busy week ahead of me before I ran the Cap City 1/2 Marathon on Saturday morning.  Thursday afternoon as I was literally just walking around my house, my left calf all of a sudden felt really tight & sore, almost as if I had worked out my calves really hard the day before (which I hadn't).  I stretched that night & ran Friday morning without noticing any pain.  Friday afternoon rolls around at work & my calf is swollen, sore, and has a slight bruise on it.  I had no idea what happened but since it hurt to walk, I suddently started debating whether running 13.1 miles the next morning was a good idea.  I iced my calf all Friday night, took some ibuprofen, and set my alarm for 5:45 AM in hopes that my calf would feel back to normal on Saturday morning.  Unfortunately, I woke up & it still hurt.  Since I had no idea what was going on with it, it seemed dumb to risk further injury for a race that I wasn't even running as my "goal race".  I didn't end up running Cap City and the funny thing is, I think I'm most upset that I wasted $70 on a race I didn't run! 

Monday: REST (flew home from San Fran)

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class
taught 30 min Core & taught 45 min Spinning

Wednesday: 6 mi (8:09 pace; 3 mi @ 7:45-7:50 pace)

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Friday: 4 mi (8:19 pace)

Saturday: REST

Sunday: 75 min Hot Power Flow Yoga
taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

TOTAL: 10 mi

No comments: