Friday, June 22, 2012

Wedding & Date Night

Last weekend, Todd & I headed up to his hometown for his cousin's wedding--our first of 5 this summer.  The ceremony & reception were both at St. Patrick Catholic Church, the church that's just about a quarter mile down the street from Todd's parent's house.  Despite the lack of air conditioning in the church on a 90 degree day, the ceremony & reception were beautiful and we enjoyed our 20th wedding together (yes, I keep track).

Beth & her Dad

Todd & I after the ceremony

An old car that belonged to Todd's grandfather that was restored

The bride & groom rode off in this car

The next day was Father's Day so we had brunch with Todd's family and then took off to head back home. 

Bacon maple muffins

We were able to use the mini pie maker that we got Todd's mom for Christmas

Mini quiche

Delicious!

On Wednesday night, Todd & I went on our monthly date night to Wine Bistro.  We couldn't decide where to go so we each picked 3 places, put them in a hat, and drew the winner!  Wine Bistro was one of my choices so I was pretty excited.  The weather on Wednesday was hot & steamy but we were still able to enjoy our dinner outside on the patio under an umbrella.

Wine Bistro on Lane Avenue
.

We each started with a wine flight

Reds for Todd

Whites for me

Fondue with bread & pita for an appetizer

Todd got the Tres Carnes flatbreaad 

I got the Veal Meatball flatbread (which I highly recommend)

We have lots more fun planned in the next couple weeks including a family reunion for Todd's dad's side of the family at Mohican State Park this Saturday and an all-day photo shoot I have for PAI Yoga & Fitness at the zoo on Sunday.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

loveeee wine bistro and their flatbreads are amazing!