Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July 2012


I enjoyed a great day off from work yesterday celebrating our nation's birthday.  I was able to sleep in until 7:00 AM (that's disgusting that I consider that sleeping in) and ran 8 hot & humid miles.  It was already 80 degrees by the time I got out the door at 7:30 AM.

Sweat much?

Todd & I went to Zoombezi Bay when it opened at 10:30 AM and were able to get right on the water slides without waiting in any line!  We rode 4 slides before a line started to form--definitely going right when it opens from now on.  We laid out for awhile, read, went in the lazy river, and rode another slide before heading home at 1:30 PM.

Todd reading magazines from last year that he's just now getting to

Started a new book and so far so good

On our way out from the water park, we stopped at the new Stingray Bay exhibit that just opened a couple weeks ago.  Since we have a membership to both the zoo and Zoombezi Bay, we didn't have to pay the extra few dollars to see the exhibit.  It was a large pool with about 35 stingrays swimming around that you could touch.  It was pretty cool but I was glad we didn't have to pay the extra free.

The stingray pool

A couple stingrays swimming by

Touching the stingrays

Once home, I made a Boston Cream Cake that I was taking to my parent's for dinner. 

Iced and ready to eat

Todd & I spent a few hours getting stuff down around the house--laundry, cleaning, and cutting Todd's hair before we lounged on the couch.  Later in the afternoon, we drove over to my parent's for dinner and dessert.

The ribs were delicious

and the dessert turned out great!

Since we both had to work today, we were in bed fairly early but luckily it's almost the weekend!

1 comment:

Not So Newlyweds said...

So fun!! I really want to go see the stingrays. Maybe it will cool off...one day!