Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Fun: Haunted Ghost Tours & OSU Football

Our weekend started on Friday night when Todd, my dad, and I went downtown for a Haunted Statehouse Tour at the Ohio Statehouse.  As the website states, it was both a haunted and historical experience as you're led through the dimly lit hallways of the Statehouse and are greeted at several spots by "ghosts" and are told their story.  It was only 45 minutes and for the most part, pretty interesting.  It definitely was family friendly and wasn't scary.  Todd initially thought we were actually going to a haunted house at the Statehouse so I think he was disappointed when he found out it wasn't.
 
Entrance to the Statehouse from the underground parking garage...I'd never actually entered this way before

Getting ready for our tour

Todd & I afterwards

After my 5K race on Saturday morning, I ran another 4 miles and met my friend at the new Polaris lululemon.  I'm excited to have one much closer to where I live but I have a feeling this could be very dangerous too!

Post-5K
 
Saturday evening was spent watching the Ohio State football game while celebrating Dave's 30th birthday.  The next year is going to be spent celebrating quite a few 30th birthdays since this is the year all my friends turn the big 3-0! 
 
Birthday cake

Hanging out at the Farms clubhouse

Another view

Dave posing with his cake

Trying to blow out the candle

He might be 30 but he still gets excited about Legos...and this has now prompted a Scotch & Lego night with Todd and another friend's husband

Todd & I

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks again for coming, Jenny!! I had a blast!