Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekly Recap: October 22-28

Last week was spent running around from doctor to doctor to get my back pain under control since I'm running the New York Marathon on Sunday. I went to my family physician, who is also a sports med doctor, who said it wasn't my back but my SI joint.  He referred me to an osteopathic sports med doctor who would do some manual manipulation.  I went but didn't feel much better so I got a deep tissue massage (I found out I was extremely tight from my upper back down to my hamstring on the right side which is why my SI joint locked up and then all the muscles around it spasmed & tightened up too) and also got adjusted by a chiropractor.  Day by day, I started to feel better and would spend an hour every night stretching.  I ran the past few days and while something still feels a little off, I have no doubt I will be able to run (and finish) the New York Marathon at the end of the week.  I might not have a stellar time but I'm excited to enjoy the 26.2 tour through the 5 boroughs.

6 days till NY Marathon!!

Monday: REST

Tuesday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Wednesday: REST

Thursday: taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

Friday: 3 mi (8:37 pace)

Saturday: 8 mi (8:13 pace)

Sunday: 5 mi (7:55 pace)
taught 1 hr Spin/TRX Combo class

TOTAL: 16 mi

No comments: