Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bump Update: Week 20


 Lynn & I at our friend's daughter's 1st birthday...she's about a month ahead of me & due on August 18

Saw Baby Rodrick looking right at us at our anatomy scan late last week

How far along: 20 weeks & 3 days

Size of baby: About 6.5 inches from crown to rump and 10 inches from head to toe, weighs about 10.5 ounces, and is the size of a small cantaloupe or length of a banana.  For the first 20 weeks, the baby is measured from crown to rump since its legs are curled up against its torso but now the measurements are from head to toe.  At our appointment last Thursday, the ultra sound tech told us the baby was measuring about a week behind.  My doctor told me it's nothing to be concerned about unless they're measuring more than 2 weeks behind.  She said she wouldn't expect me to have an 8-8.5 pound baby but more like 6.5-7 pound baby.  No complaints here!

Weight gain: 10 lbs.....right on track!

Maternity clothes: I went shopping with my mom over the weekend and got a lot of clothes, specifically for our upcoming cruise.  My work clothes are a mix between some maternity pants, some regular pants with a belly band, a couple pairs of regular pants that still fit, and typically a non-maternity tank top with a cardigan.

Symptoms: Been feeling really great lately, most days I wouldn't realize I was pregnant if it wasn't for my bigger belly

Gender:  We found out last week but aren't sharing until Memorial Day weekend

Exercise: Running 20 mi/week and teaching Spin/TRX or TRX/Yoga 4x/week

Food cravings: Still could eat a burger and fries everyday

Food aversions: Nothing

Movement: Feeling baby move here & there throughout the day, typically when driving in the car or sitting at work

Sleep: Been sleeping great

Looking forward to: Vacation & my 30th birthday

Best moment of the week: Todd finished redoing the closet in the nursery and it looks better than I could have imagined!  We also started putting the dresser and crib together and I think we've picked out bedding that we like too.

1 comment:

BeckyJo606 said...

Yay for your anatomy scan and finding out the gender! :) Are you going in the cruise for your babymoon? Sounds like a perfect vacation regardless! :)